MG 1/100 Jesta Custom WIP modeled by Zi9720

MG 1/100 Jesta Custom WIP

Modeled by Zi9720

MG 1/100 Jesta Custom WIP

It took me a little while to figure out what kit I wanted to work on next. Well this is it the MG Jesta. This kit just came out and lots of people are working on one so figure maybe I can share some cool mods with you as I go. I also purchased some Kotobukiya M.S.G. MSG Weapon Units (Missile launcher and Gatling gun). I might use some scrap parts I have laying around too just have to wait and see.

As you see the image below I have already cleaned up all the runners and test fitted the kit. I must say this kit is very sturdy and I cant wait to start modifying!!

DSC_0496

Something I do when test fitting is cut the pegs in half with a hobby knife. That way the parts are easier to take apart once together.

te

Sorry its been a while since my last update on this build been busy but today i got to work on some panel lining the feet. I am really liking the detail that I am putting in even tho it takes a bit of time REALLY worth it!!

photo photo (1)

Started working on the back pack today. I am going to be using some old Zeta scraps I have, Since this is going to be a High mobility suit I need a little more thrust! I filled in the Leg thrusters with filler putty. Am am using some joints and drilled into the back pack for some test fitting.

photo (3)

This is just some test fitting there will be one on each side once finished up

photo (2) photo (1)

Wanted to show you guys how I cut my pla plate and get the same shape that I will need for the detailing on the back of the thursters.

First I trace it out on the part on Grafix clear film, (any craft store will have it for $15 for about 25 sheets) Then I use a metal ruler and find the shape I want to cut out. The Grafix film is used like a stencil so i can get the same shape for both thrusters.

photo (5) photo (6) photo (7)

CoreWorks ORX-013 MK.V (in Progress) Modeled by Zi9720

CoreWorks ORX-013 MK.V (in Progress) Modeled by Zi9720

So I have been working on the Coreworks CoreWorks ORX-013 MK.V. What I have been doing is making it from a fixed figuration to where I can put it in different posses.
DSC_0507a DSC_0505a

Worked on the feet and head today I feel that the elbow and knee joints are going to be the hardest to do. here are some pics I used a ball and socket for the ankle and head. also added some detail to the feet.

DSC_0513a

The Red Circles are additions and the ball and socket joint

DSC_0515

 

ok so the knee joints are coming along I am trying something out and hope it comes out good. I cut the knee joint in half and drilled down to put a hing joint in. covered the ends of the joint with chap stick so the putty does not harden on them and will allow them to move freely. Here are some pics I am thinking this will work as well for the elbows. (DID NOT WORK FOR ELBOWS)!!!

DSC_0519a DSC_0520 DSC_0521

So have both legs fully jointed only problem to really figure out left for them is the knee joint is not as tight as I would like it. It has a hard time staying bent with the weight of the foot. Also added some panel lines and knee parts to the shin plate. You can also see the hip is jointed too. The back parts of the legs have been connected with magnets for movement and posing.

DSC_0522 DSC_0524

I have primed most the Kit now and have the joints 90% finished as you can see the leg in the pic is all set and ready to go. I have added pla-plates for extra detail on leg and Shield as shown.

DSC_0946 DSC_0947

 

For the back pack I have decided to use Magnets to keep the Disks in place. You can see where I have used basic putty to help fill in just need to do some sanding and smooth it out!

DSC_0944

Started on the Arms and elbow joints what I did to preserve some of the original detail was cut the joint parts off the original and added them onto some old zeta elbow joints.DSC_0234n

Then attached them to the forearm, and this is what you get a fully movable arm!!

DSC_0232n DSC_0233n

 

Ok guys and girls I spent most my day painting and finishing up the joints most of which are just ball and socket. I decided to do a purple coloring to stay true to the original color but have some lighter highlights in it as well. (my first time doing this looks good I think) also done some shading one panel lines and other areas.

photo

Close up of the paint job for the body, still lots more painting to go and weapons to go!!

photo (1)

 

Did more painting today along with work on the head, I put Holo film for the eyes. I also finished up a lot of the decals. here is some pics ENJOY!!

photo (1)

Still need to touch up some of the Painting but feeling good about it all.

photo

 

So did a lot of work on the rifle today I think it looks good added some spare parts I had laying around (still needs a wash and shading but looks good) before and after

DSC_0198 DSC_0326

 

ok guys ALL DONE!!! some pics for you

DSC_0364 DSC_0371 DSC_0365 DSC_0373 DSC_0376 DSC_0381

1/100 GAT-X133 Sword Calamity Modeled by Zi9720 Large Photoreview


1/100 GAT-X133 Sword Calamity

Modeled by Zi9720

DSC_0457_edited-1

1/100 GAT-X133 Sword Calamity

Modeled by Zi9720

DSC_0441_edited-2 DSC_0414_edited-2 DSC_0415_edited-2 DSC_0416_edited-2 DSC_0429_edited-2 DSC_0412_edited-2 DSC_0435_edited-2 DSC_0453_edited-2 DSC_0458_edited-2 DSC_0459_edited-2 DSC_0462_edited-2 DSC_0463_edited-2 DSC_0464_edited-2

Custom Base I made with PhotoshopDSC_0471_edited-2

DSC_0004

1/100 GAT-X133 Sword Calamity-

Modeled by Zi9720

Large Photoreview

DSC_0034 DSC_0027 DSC_0024 DSC_0023 DSC_0030 DSC_0009 DSC_0013 DSC_0015 DSC_0019 DSC_0021

1/100 GAT-X133 Sword Calamity-

Modeled by Zi9720

Large Photoreview